Friday, June 20, 2008

Paris

Bonjour!
Okay so..I love it here. Paris is amazing. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I was told that Paris was dirty and the people are mean...I think the exact opposite. Yesterday we arrived at 8 a.m. and as soon as we got to our hostel and dropped our backpacks off we toured the city. Julie and I are pros at the metro system. pros. We took the metro to see Notre Dame..ummm gorgeous. Then we ventured over to this adorable crepe place that had adorable waiters. Our hottie hot waiter put his hand on my back a few times-I think he may be my new husband! hahahaha. After crepes we went the the Luxembourg gardens-beautiful. I loved it, we just sat in these super comfy chairs by this pond. We sat in the gardens and people watched for an hour or so before heading over to my Belmont friend Megan's apartment. I had Biology with her and through the class we became friends. She nows lives in Paris and is getting her Masters and working. Her place was so stinking cute. She took us to a Canadian pub where we watched soccer and hung out with her two adorable friends from Italy and Columbia (adorable as in good-looking and adorable as in sweet). We stayed at the pub for a good four hours before heading back to our hostel. There we ended up talking to a guy that works at the hostel for a long time. He tried to teach us some French yet we both failed.
Today has been a successful day of touring the city. We took a river cruise down the Seine. It was really cute because they boat was filled with Parisian children who became fascinated by us once they found out we were Americans. One little boy who clearly knew one line in English said "do you know what time it is?" We told him and then soon noticed he was wearing a watch. And then another little boy said "do you get to visit your family this summer?" I laughed because that was probably one of the most random things a little French kid would learn to say in English. They provided great entertainment for us while we cruised down the river. After that we headed to the Louvre. So amazing. The museum itself is absolutely gorgeous in architecture and then we went in and saw some of histories greatest paintings by artists that I have learned about over the years. Mona Lisa was awesome. After walking around the city some more we headed back here to our hostel to rest before we head out to the Eiffel Tour! and then to a party with my friend Megan. I am sad that we are saying goodbye to Paris tomorrow...but excited for our next stop in Nice!
Au revoir, a bientot

2 comments:

the coxes said...

So much fun! I am vicariously living through you two by reading your blogs as I sit in my 4x6 cubicle :) Have fun!

Eazye said...

hung out with her two adorable friends from Italy and Columbia (adorable as in good-looking and adorable as in sweet).

thx a lot!

one of those adorable ones....
the italian one..